TCM Slimming Therapy
TCM believe that weight gain and obesity are caused when the liver and spleen do not function optimally. The spleen controls the movements of the digestive system, directs the digestion of food and conversion of food and fluids into energy or “qi.”The spleen then directs this energy to all the parts of the body.
When the spleen malfunctions, the qi stagnates and a condition called dampness or fat is created leading to weight gain. People also experiences feeling of heaviness, water retention, slowed metabolism and fatigue.
Features of TCM slimming vs Traditional Slimming
- Emphasizes on the overall regulation of our body, rather than deliberate dieting.
- Scar free, no toxic nor side effects.
- Do not require to exercise aggressively while being in very poor health and hungry
- No fatigue, anorexia, diarrhoea, rebound, loose skin in the process of TCM slimming but only effectiveness.
- Customers can get individualized treatments for slimming based on their different characteristics, which are more targeted and effective.
- If the functions of their spleen and stomach are regulated well, obese people will naturally desire less of excessive sweets or fried food and the feeling of hunger will decrease significantly.
Methods of TCM Slimming Therapy
Acupuncture treatment is designed to fit the needs of the individual. Points on the body will be chosen for overall well being with the objective of increasing circulation of the blood and Qi (vital energy), soothing the nervous system and increasing metabolism.
Acupuncture for weight loss is most effective with a minimum of 7 – 10 treatments over a few weeks time.
The effects of acupuncture slimming are visible with effective outcomes.
- Promote health digestion.
- Stimulate metabolism and maximize the absorption of nutrients in our body
- Calming & Relax
- Decreasing cravings, soothing emotions and controlling appetite.
- Tone and shrink the stomach muscle
Cupping therapy can promote the movement of Qi in the body by creating suction on specific acupoints where the Qi stagnated. It aims to promote blood circulation, removes toxins from the body, open pores and ensure smooth flow of Qi.
Proper stimulation of cupping therapy may result in releasing of stress and anxiety, eliminate water retention, removes toxins from the body, stimulate digestive system, control food craves, promote metabolism and bowel movements. All these functions may lead to weight loss.
Moxibustion therapy is to warm, promotes Qi and Blood circulation and regulates Yin and Yang in the body.
Moxibustion or warm needling is a therapy of applying moxa cone or warm needling on the selected part or acupoints on the body. Its warming property penetrates into the dermal, transmitted to inner parts of the body through meridians. Hence, it has the functions of warm the meridians and collaterals, regulate Qi and Blood, regulates physiological functions of the body, improves the immune systems，disease prevention and strengthen the body.
Fire therapy is a kind of new therapeutic method through burning on the surface of the body so as to achieve the effects of slimming, shape up and eliminate water retention. Fire therapy may combine with other slimming therapeutic methods of TCM such as combination of medicinal application with fire therapy to promote Blood circulation, increase metabolism, fats elimination and decomposition. Besides, fire therapy may also alter and regulates incorrect or improper food intake and living styles so as to resolves both root and symptoms cause. Hence, basically fire therapy also known as one of the therapy that produce least adverse effects among all other therapeutic methods.
Healthy Diet Plan
Patients also receive a diet plan that includes healthy, balanced and nutritious food which if they follow, they can maintain weight loss on a long term basis. Physicians might also prescribe the intake of approved Chinese herbs that assist in elevating metabolism levels and eliminating water retention and food cravings.
In the process of TCM weight management, body functions are also regulated and returned to their balances, healthy state. So a healthier weight not only means being in shape, it also means a healthier you.